For warranty service please send your watch directly to a Rip Curl Service Centre, as this warranty is void if the watch is opened by anyone other than the Rip Curl Watch Service Centre.
- Instruction Booklets
- The Warranty
- Recommended Usage
- Watch Care
Lost your Watch manual or need to change your watch band? Follow the links below to the Rip Curl Watch website to get the information you need.
Watch Band Changing Instructions
- Five Years on Movements from the date of purchase. A Movement is the part inside the Watch that makes it work, but it does not include the Crown, sometimes called the Winder.
- Two Years on Water resistance from the date of purchase. We recommend all Watches be serviced, resealed, and tested for water resistance every 2 years, as heat, salt, and other elements will diminish water resistance over time. Have this done at the Rip Curl Watch Service Center, and we will then issue a new warranty for another 2 years. (Cost for the service and resealing to be provided upon request.)
Batteries Replacement. Rip Curl’s watch warranty service centre can replace all batteries and at the same time will reseal and test the watch functions and water resistance. We will then issue a new one year warranty on the new battery, water resistance and workmanship. Cost for battery changing will be given upon request.
Not covered by warranty:
- Dials / Hands
- Crown / Stem
Also not covered is damage caused by general wear and tear or any accidental damage. All warranty claims MUST be sent with a purchase receipt clearly showing the purchase date.
The warranty book is not proof of purchase without a purchase receipt. eg. a purchase receipt is the cash register receipt or your credit card statement. Rip Curl reserves the right to repair or replace, with an equivalent style, any warranty watch.
Recommended Usage & Test
- 100M / 330ft - Suitable for Water Sports. eg. Surfing, Snorkelling, Swimming, Water Skiing.
- 200M / 660ft - Suitable for Water Sports. eg. Surfing, Snorkelling, Swimming, Water Skiing, Scuba Diving to standard legal depths.
Rip Curl watches are tested to the highest industry standards with the best Swiss pressure testing equipment and are purpose built for Surfing.
All Industry Standards watch testing is done to an overpressure situation in a static laboratory environment and does not signify a diving depth. See recommended usage table.
Due to the fact that Surfing is in no way a static sport there are influences that can effect a watches ability to keep water out. eg: Frequent temperature changes, salt water and big wipeouts can diminish the longevity of the watches rubber seals.
To keep your watch in peak condition for Surfing we recommend every 24 months you have your watch seals replaced and fully tested at the Rip Curl Watch Service Centre. RIP CURL PTY. LTD. assumes no responsibility for any loss, or any claims by third parties that may arise through the use of this watch.
- Only use your watch for approved sports as detailed above.
- Do not operate buttons under water.
- If watch is exposed to salt water, rinse thoroughly in freshwater and wipe dry with a soft cloth.
- Do not clean watch with spray cleaners, thinners or other such volatile agents.
- Do not wear leather bands in water, unless your watch features Surf Leather.
- Never try to open the watch. Have batteries changed by Rip Curl technicians only.
- Avoid exposing your watch to extreme temperatures.
- Should moisture appear inside the watch, have it checked by Rip Curl technicians.
- Though Rip Curl watches are produced to high standards avoid dropping the watch and rough treatment.
- Avoid exposing the watch to gasoline, cleaning solvents, aerosol sprays, paint etc as chemical reactions with such agents will destroy seals, case and finish.
- Avoid magnetic fields as they may effect the time keeping of your watch.
Download Watches Warranty
Thank your choosing Rip Curl. Your new Rip Curl watch has been designed and built to the highest quality and durability standards.
Australian Service Centre
101 Surfcoast Hwy, Torquay, Vic. 3228.
(03) 5261 0022
(03) 5261 4700
9:00am to 5:00 pm Mon-Fri E.S.T.
New Zealand Service Centre
Tenancy 1, Ground Floor, Neilsen Building, 129 Hurstmere Road, Takapuna, Auckland 0622
(09) 477 2685
8:30am to 5:00pm Mon-Fri